Monday, August 3, 2009

A poem of María Elena Walsh

What I enjoy most about my Spanish class is not the conjugation of verbs (surprise, surprise), but the part where we read about and discuss the culture of various South American countries. I love learning about their history, personalities and literature.

Today, we learnt a poem by Argentinian poet Maria Elena Walsh.

Nada más

I couldn't find an English translation online, so this is mine. If I find a more accurate one in the future, I will replace it.

Nothing more
by Maria Elena Walsh

With this money
I will buy
a bouquet of sky
and one meter of sea
a point of star,
a sun of truth,
a kilo of wind,
and nothing else.

1 comment:

Hernan from Argentina said...

Very nice...I used to read them when I attend the primary school... I am fond of her poems. Today I read them to my kids :-)

Post a Comment