Thursday, July 30, 2009

Haberdashery




dexter6

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this article on reporting on the Supreme Court.

A tribute to a hero - Aung San Suu Kyi.

An untimely death - more than an obituary of Yasmin Ahmad. I agree with everything he says - it was my experience as a Malay in Singapore too. (via Jamie Tan)

I had never heard of William F. Buckley until I moved here. In May, we heard Christopher Buckley talk with Calvin Trillin about his famous, intimidating father; it was fun and funny. Whatever your political persuasion, this is a fascinating read.

My American education continues with this lesson in Bay Area slang (via cbslocalblogs):





And a new (to me) singer from my part of the world - Zee Avi of Malaysia:

1 comment:

alia said...

another great malaysian singer, yuna

Post a Comment