Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain, rain, please stay ...

rain

Nablowrimo
#13

When I heard the weather forecast for today, I was really excited. I heard that there was going to be rain, heavy rain. I miss that. I miss the tropical storm that blows through Singapore. Where you wake up in the middle of the night because the rain is beating so hard against the window pane, it bursts your dreams. Add thunder and lighting, and I'd never feel more cozy or more at home.

But in the part of the Bay Area where I am, it didn't quite get there. Sure there was continuous rain and even many falling branches. But I did not even need an umbrella. I just put on an anorak with a hoodie, and I could pretty much walk wherever I needed too. It was a let-down.

There is still one more day of rain according to the forecast. Please let it be good.

4 comments:

Aleta said...

We've had street flooding for 2 days now and more rain for today as well. Does that help?

maybelles mom said...

i was talking to me cousin yesterday who goes to Cal. her umbrella was turning inside out as i was talking to her...

Sugar Spice Cabinet said...

It flooded in Menlo Park and Palo Alto and has yet to stop bummer......

Lisa said...

I too was looking forward to a storm! On the East Coast, we had pouring rain with lightening and thunder...I hear ya...but it was nice to have a change for pace.

Post a Comment